Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It's the most wonderful time of the year...has been playing in my head like a broken record. Not because of anything to do with Christmas, but because Opening Day of the track was last Friday and the title of this song resonates with how I feel about July and August in Saratoga Springs, NY.


Yes, I get more excited about track season than I do about Christmas...or my birthday. The town is temporarily filled with outrageous characters and interacting with them via my cocktail waitressing job is always a treat. Here's a little recap of track season highlights from last summer:


  • Torrential downpour on Opening Day 2009, good thing our cocktail shirts aren't white
  • Crashing a wedding at Saratoga National with jockey Robby Albarado
  • Hustling drinks to the Gotti family, Bobby Flay, Kevin Dillon and some other characters
  • Researching whether blondes really do have more fun. They don't.
  • Almost getting kicked by a horse in the paddock
  • Propositioned by a customer to have a threesome with him and his hooker for $1,000. Obviously I declined. I'm worth way more than a grand.
  • Owner of the Baltimore Orioles taking the Siro's girls out for a fancy schmancy dinner at Dine - (great food by the way).
  • Meeting my super hot Ranger who is coming back this summer :0
  • Officially becoming part of the Siro's family

Track Season 2010 is already off to a great start. Of course it rained Opening Day again but it wouldn't be Opening Day in Saratoga without a little rain. I wish time would just stand still for the next six weeks...it really is the most wonderful time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment